The 9 Step Process to Getting Clients on LinkedIn
LinkedIn is not very user friendly at first glance but once you know all the tricks it really is a great place to find B2B clients.
An upside of LinkedIn as far as I am concerned is that I don’t have to wade through loads of ads, cat pictures, hear about what people had for lunch!
If you want to build Credibility, get Noticed and get Clients on LinkedIn there are three basic activities to engage in:
- Optimize your profile
- Connect with the right people in the right way
- Build and nurture relationships
- Produce compelling content that is relevant to your audience.
- Read on to find out how to maximise LinkedIn.
ONE – Make sure that you have a killer profile
Optimised well, your profile is a client attracting magnet. Google loves LinkedIn and, in search, LinkedIn profiles and company pages are often at the top of Google search results. Make sure it is client focused. Your profile is not a resume, it’s a landing page aimed at generating conversations with your ideal clients! Don’t forget to add a call to action on the page so you direct people to a lead magnet, your website etc..
So, a good profile is one that calls in your ideal clients
Fully completing your profile gives you an All-Star rating. With this you are 40 times more likely to receive opportunities through LinkedIn.
And did you know that only 5% of people have a completed profile?
TWO – Streamline your target audience
Be very clear who your target audience is and make sure it is narrow enough that you can be very specific when you write content whether that is an email, a post, a video and article.
Imagine writing a letter to your husband about your weekend away and then how you would write a letter to your grandfather about your weekend – you are likely to use very different language and descriptions as you tailor your content to the audience. It’s exactly the same on social media.
You need to write for the audience and connect with people emotionally. With a wide audience this is not as easy. In fact, it is very frustrating
So, don’t be afraid to be ultra-narrow in the market you serve. At first you will be nervous, thinking that there will be no one left to market to but there will be! How many people can you actually take on as clients in a lifetime! There will always be more than enough.
THREE – Connect with your ideal clients
Everyone wants to know how to get more connections on LinkedIn.
Most people on LinkedIn connect mindlessly with people that pop up or blindly accept connection requests and then forget all about them. Then they think that LinkedIn ‘doesn’t work’!
There is a belief when it comes to social media that quantity is better than quality. Now this is a bit of a controversial area because in truth there are pros and cons to having thousands of connections. Personally, I only connect with my ideal clients on LinkedIn, then nurture those relationships.
Here’s one advantage to keeping your connections to potential clients
If they are a 1st connection, then they stand more chance of seeing the posts in your newsfeed and you are one step closer to gaining their attention.
If you are writing specifically for a tight audience then they are more likely to resonant with your content and more likely to Like, Comment or Share. And if that happens your posts will get high up in the newsfeed.
FOUR – Put the Spotlight on your ideal clients
- Research to create a list of your ideal clients, people with whom you would really like to work, and find out as much as you can about them.
- Then make sure you are connected on LinkedIn.
- Nurture them – offer to support them in some way. Follow their posts, Like, Comment and Share so that you get noticed by them.
- You could also connect with them on other social media platforms too
FIVE – Nurture your Connections so they know who you are, what you do and how you do it
Once you have a community of connections you will want to develop the relationships.
The aim is that they get to the point where they feel they know, like and trust you. If you achieve that they are more likely to buy when the time is right.
Here are a few things you can do.
- Monitor your hot prospects
- Follow your connections posts and Like, Comment and Share where appropriate.
- Provide value whenever you can, for example, sending them an interesting article
SIX- – Invest in Sales Navigator
Sales Navigator is one of the premium services you can use with LinkedIn.
It is a great tool if you are serious about marketing your business on LinkedIn as it will allow you to be so much more effective
Here are the reasons why you should consider using it.
- Unlimited search results (this is restricted on free accounts)
- Suggests possible leads to you based on the information you have given when you set it up
- The opportunity to message anyone on the platform via InMail
- Allows you to create a newsfeed comprised of your prospects only – even if they are not your connections allowing you to see their updates and communicate even if you are not connected – very powerful!
- The tagging feature allows you to categorise your contacts.
SEVEN – Use video to increase your visibility
There is nothing better than video to get across your personality. When we see people regularly on video, we begin to feel that we know them and trust them. This is exactly the feeling that we want to engender
By 2021 80% of traffic will be video
- Video gives your potential new client an up-close look at both you and your services and knowledge
- Search engines love video so they can work wonders for your SEO. Make sure they are optimised properly by using the right keywords, a solid meta description and a strong title
- People are more likely to buy your product if there is an explainer video
- Video on a landing page can increase conversion rates by up to 80%
- Visitors to your website will stay on your site a whole 2 minutes longer if there is video to watch.
EIGHT – Take consistent action
Nothing happens without you taking action! (Wouldn’t it be nice if it did!) Spend around 30 – 60 minutes a day on LinkedIn.
The one simple answer to getting more business through LinkedIn – or anywhere else for that matter is – Take action, consistent, MASSIVE action
How about this for a plan? 10 days of the month do all these things…. Or 5 of each, every day of the month.
- 10 phone/Zoom calls
- 10 emails
- 10 LinkedIn messages
- 10 social touches
- 10 text messages
- 10 personalised/or Live videos
- Give it a go – and then sit back and watch the results roll in!
NINE – Ask for a meeting
If you don’t ask, you don’t get!
By the time you have got to this stage in the process, they should be asking YOU for a meeting! But if they haven’t, tell them that you have something you want to share with them. And book a call.
What is your biggest challenge to using LinkedIn for business growth?
If you are serious about knowing more about how to get new clients online, let’s have a chat. Book here, https://calendly.com/tracey-burnett/triage
To follow my Company page, click here https://www.linkedin.com/company/traceyburnettlinkedinalchemist/
To see more of my content and tips on LinkedIn connect with me on LinkedIn, https://www.linkedin.com/in/traceyburnett/
“How Ready Are You To Get MORE CLIENTS on LinkedIn?
Take My 5 Minute Quiz To See If You Are a LinkedIn Ninja or Newbie!
https://www.traceyburnett.com/quiz-optin OR if you are ready to start getting clients on LinkedIn right now, book a call with me, https://traceyburnett.com/book